C11 is the latest standard for C programming language proposed in 2011. The proposals made by the C11 standard are yet to be implemented by most of the compilers. But I am writing this post to give you an idea about the changes we can expect in the near future. The changes between C99 and C11 are pointed out below.
- Improved Unicode support is proposed in C11.
- Multithreading support is mandatory with this version of C.
- Anonymous structures and unions are possible with this version.
- Stricter Bounds checking is possible with C11 standard.
- gets( ) is removed.
- The quick_exit( ) to terminate programs.
- The _Noreturn specifier.
- An exclusive create-and-open mode
for fopen( ).