In this post I am discussing about the main differences between Java and C++. The subject is not covered thoroughly.
- Java is a pure object oriented language, while C++ is basically C with object oriented extension.
- Java does not support operator overloading.
- Java does not have template classes as in case of C++.
- Java does not support multiple inheritance of classes. To achieve multiple inheritance Java uses interface.
- Header files are not there in Java.
- There are no global variables in Java.
- Java does not use explicit pointers.
- In Java destructors are replaced with finalize( ).